Want to know a secret? Well, it is not actually a secret but many people don’t know about it. QuickBooks Point of Sale plus GoPayment allows for real-time inventory tracking and mobile sales.
Did you know that you can use GoPayment with QuickBooks Point of Sale and it will update the inventory? All you have to do is select which inventory you want to sync with your GoPayment device, and you will be able to sell it.
Here are a few things you need to know!
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Mobile Sync feature gives you the freedom to ring up credit card sales anywhere inside – or outside – of your store.
- GoPayment allows you to select all types of payments including cash, check, scan, key or swipe card.
- QuickBooks Payments includes a free GoPayment account.
- The swipe rate matches the low QuickBooks Payments rate.
- GoPayment uses iPhone and Android devices.
- All sales and inventory information syncs with your Point of Sale software.
- New payments are recorded as QuickBooks Point of Sale Sales Receipts.
- Never miss a sale whether you are on the road, at a conference, or working a convention.
- Long lines at the store? Complete sales on the spot.
Setup Mobile Sync in QuickBooks Point of Sale
STEP 1: Click Sign into for your Intuit Payments Account in your Point of sale.
Click File, Setup Interview:
Click Edit Settings and choose what is appropriate for your industry. Tips will automatically be selected, we unselected and added to accept Debit Cards.
STEP 2: Select File, Preferences, Company Preferences. Turn on Mobile Sync
Mobile sync can be turned on or off & you Increase or decrease sync frequency.
STEP 3: Select Mobile Sync
Note: You can also perform manual sync which transfers more items or receipts, by clicking the Cloud icon in the upper right-hand corner of your Point of Sale software at any time. The sync process cannot be initiated from the mobile device.
Setup Inventory to Sync to GoPayment
- From the Item List, select the item you wish to sell in GoPayment
- Click Edit > within the More Info widget, click the Sync to Mobile checkbox.
- Select Save.
Sync departments to your mobile device
- In Point of Sale, click on Inventory > Department List.
- From the Department columns, click the Department tab to sort the department names in order.
- Rename or edit the department name if needed.
- Complete the mobile sync.
Complete the sync in GoPayment
- From your mobile device, click the GoPayment app.
- Launch the GoPayment app and sign in to your QuickBooks Payments Account.
- Open the menu and select Settings.
- Under Sync Settings, click Sync Items
TEST THE GO PAYMENT DEVICE:
- Select New Payment
- Click ITEMS & Departments to see your list.
What is the best part? Hands down, the integration of the inventory to the mobile device. Imagine if you need to go to a trade show and take limited inventory, you can select the items that you want to show up in your device and then ring up sales on the go. Now that you know about our little secret I hope you put it to great use for your clients and business!
If you would like to learn more tips and tricks, click here to access our entire course library!!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.