QuickBooks Updates in April: QuickBooks Business Network Roll Out, Desktop Migration, ProAdvisor Support Updates and MoreApr 08, 2022
Intuit QuickBooks is offering powerful tools that make work easier for small businesses and accounting professionals. With this in mind, they’ve rolled out a new network that aims to simplify and streamline processes, introduced another premium app, as well as a few updates to our platforms to make your life easier.
The QuickBooks Business Network
Intuit realizes that there are many businesses and vendors working with one another, and oftentimes they are both using QuickBooks. With the Business Network, they are helping establish the connection between the payee and the payor, offering a simpler, safer way to pay and get paid. We know other payment methods can be frustrating – checks can be unpredictable and can impact cash flow, and exchanging payment information can be risky. These struggles inspired the QuickBooks Business Network.
A new service for QuickBooks Online customers, the Business Network is designed to simplify and streamline administrative tasks, while also creating an efficient business management experience with an enhanced ability to connect and collaborate with other QuickBooks Online community members.
Key benefits of the Business Network include the following:
- A searchable directory of QuickBooks users. When adding a new contact or sending an invoice, your clients can now access a searchable directory of thousands of businesses.
- Enhanced accuracy of contact information. Users have direct access to the most accurate contact information for customers and vendors. Clients will get automatically populated forms that eliminate time-consuming manual entry and possible data entry errors.
- Security and safety of user data and information. All of the information in the Network database remains secure within the QuickBooks ecosystem.
- Integrated accounts payable automation creates workflow efficiency. When an invoice is sent to another Network member, a bill will automatically be created for them in their QuickBooks account, ready for their review and approval.
- Privately connect with a vast number of other QuickBooks users. Any customer-facing business contact information is only visible to members of the Network. Visibility in the Network can also be turned off. QuickBooks customers will be notified prior to being added to the Network, having the ability to set their company to “invisible.”
There is no fee to utilize the QuickBooks Business Network, users simply need to have any version of QuickBooks Online. The Network and its features are currently rolling out in waves to accountants and their small business clients. Intuit expects all U.S. accountants will have access in the summer of 2022, making the Network one of the largest communities of accountants and small businesses in the country. To learn more, visit here.
Desktop Migration Updates
We’re seeing more and more firms move some or all of their QuickBooks Desktop clients to QuickBooks Online. Accountants have realized the power of the cloud, and how QuickBooks Online helps them better serve clients, grow their business, scale their impact, and free-up time. A few key benefits of going online include:
- Saving time with automation features offered by QuickBooks Online
- Working from anywhere, by tapping into QuickBooks from your desktop browser, mobile device, or tablet
- App add-ons tailored to client-specific needs, including e-commerce, payroll automation, tax solutions, and more
Intuit is encouraging you to consider, or re-consider, moving clients from Desktop-based QuickBooks to QuickBooks Online. Our Desktop to QB Online conversion course offers a step-by-step walk-through of the process and a way to ask for help if something doesn't work properly. If you are a Premium or Elite member of schoolofbookeeping.com, you can access the course in your library. You can sign up for a free month of Premium to access this and our entire course library here.
The Latest in ProAdvisor Support
Intuit is always striving to enhance its products and processes to create a great customer experience. Recently, they made several key updates to the Support experience for Payroll, including:
- Launching payroll-intent call routing when support is contacted to improve the overall accountant payroll experience
- Increasing the number of product support experts based in the U.S., including domain experts with prior tax/accounting knowledge
- Requiring product support experts to take ProAdvisor QuickBooks and Payroll certifications as part of their learning path to increase their payroll knowledge
- Refreshing and updating 863 payroll QuickBooks Community articles
All of these improvements are aimed at creating a positive experience when you connect with Intuit's customer support.
If you need help wading through an issue, we invite you to try our QuickAnswer's Day-Pass. It's only $49 and you receive a promo code to continue with an Elite Membership that includes access to QuickAnswers every day!!
If you would like to learn more tips and tricks, click here to access our entire course library!!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.